As themes go, “European” is a pretty broad category—encompassing centuries of history and architecture across multiple countries. Nevertheless, a new update for Cities: Skylines does attempt to make everything look less gosh-darn American. Patch 1.1.0—or European Theme, as it’s also known—brings 72 new European buildings, and the ability for these buildings to form into terraces.
These buildings are part of a new European biome, meaning they’ll only appear if you start a city on that map theme.
Also in 1.1.0, tunnels; a feature that Colossal Order say was “one of the communityâ€™s most requested features”. In addition, the asset editor has been expanded and now allows for the import of custom vehicles.
Here are the update’s main additions and features:
- New: European theme added
- New: 72 European buildings in the European theme
- New: Support for corner and adjacent buildings in the European theme
- New: 3 maps added with European theme (Cliffside Bay, Foggy Hills and Grand River)
- New: Tunnels for roads and rail added
- New: Metro tunnels can be built at different levels
- Options: V sync option added
- Options: Invert Y mouse axis added
The full thing is much broader in its scope, and you can see the complete changelist over at the Paradox forums. Patch 1.1.0 is out now.